Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mv Explorer Technology

So today has just been full of all sorts of blunders with technology and I'm really just using this post as a way to vent!
 
It IS a wonder that we even have the capability to email, surf the net, and call home but really it would be nice if these capabilities actually WORKED!
 
-Today it took around an average of about 5 minutes per webpage to load
-To look at individual emails can take up to around 1.5 minutes for them to load
-Internet explorer repeatedly crashes
-Phone lines are down/ don't work/ or people hear silence from one end or the other
 
I'm really kind of fed up with it and would really like to be able to just check my email in 2 seconds or call up someone knowing that the phone will work, or not spend countless hours on computer homework when i could have spent a third of the time on it!
 
You think you're going to have so much more time on the ship to do things for yourself but really you just spend twice the amount of time waiting for things to work so really....you don't gain any time at all!
 
I realize this blog makes me sound like I don't appreciate what I have on this ship....but I really DO. Frustration just builds up a little bit!
 
So a message to parents/friends/future SAS'ers.....have patience!

1 comment:

  1. I am a testimony to the phone's not working well. Since Kaitlyn put this post up at 11:31 AM EST, I am assuming she is referring to the FOUR TIMES we tried to talk this morning...and all of them were unsuccessful. Even when I tried to call the ship myself, it did not work! It is amazing that we have ANY contact with the ship at all as it circumnavigates the entire globe! But, in any case, we have all become accustomed to a certain speed of communication and I can totally understand your frustrations. I was equally frustrated this morning babe. Take a deep breath, get some sleep and enjoy Singapore tomorrow.

    I love you,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete