Saturday, February 12, 2011

Random Activities

The thing I love about SAS is I find myself at random things that I would never normally go to. At lunch today, Brittany asked me if I was going to check out the meditation in the Union at 3. I didn't think I would go but whaddya know...3 rolls around and I'm in the union with Brittany and Hannah listening to this lady talk about meditation and how she's been to these 10 day sittings where all they do is sit and meditate. So then we meditated for 15 minutes and I end up drifting in and out of sleep rather than meditating....how the hell do people do this for 10 days!!! I dont get how people can do that for 10 days let alone these 90 day sittings she was talking about....I'd feel like I was wasting so much time! But it was neat to experience!

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of the Pray part of "Eat Pray Love"! Just not sure how people do it fore those extended periods of time. Why is it better to meditate for 10 or 90 days than for 30 minutes? They say a 20 minute nap is a "power" nap...can't the same be saed for meditation?

    ReplyDelete